Monday, October 17, 2011

Counters....

So we had the counter top guys come in and install, I am not sure what I was thinking when I decided to go with a company that does not have english as a first language. I should have known it was going to be one of those days when they off loaded the granite from the truck and the sink hole was incorrect. I had my cabinet guy send the sink over to the granite guy so he would have the actual sink. The granite guy must have mixed them up cause I had originally wanted two sinks the same size, what I ended up with was the right sink slightly smaller than the left.
They brought in the granite in three pieces, I noticed something amiss when they placed the larger of the pieces. I had asked for a 10 inch over hang on the 'island' side of the counter so we could put bar stools there, my guess is he miss understood me and put a 10 inch over hang all the way around on the backside of the sink. Which in turn cut into the space around the table in the eating area. So back the granite went to the shop so he could make the correction.
After all of that he came back to install it correctly. I took a free sink instead of having him re cut the sink hole. Now for the backsplash.....

No comments:

Post a Comment